Lead Culinary Instructor, Culinary Concepts A/B
About Culinary Concepts AB: CCAB is a social enterprise that offers life-changing workforce training programs to people facing barriers to employment. This work is supported by our private and corporate cooking classes. We also work with clients to design custom programs for people of all ages and backgrounds. By creating a more inclusive training model and by teaching life skills in addition to occupational skills, Culinary Concepts AB opens opportunities for members of our community who are ready to create a rewarding career in the culinary arts. CCAB has been nationally recognized for our innovative business and workforce training models, and is expanding its operations.
Learn More: Culinary Concepts AB
About the job: We are seeking an enthusiastic and knowledgeable Senior Culinary Instructor to lead Culinary training programs, skills-based workshops, and junior instructors. CCAB’s award-winning, innovative training programs teach life and occupational skills to members of our community seeking a vocational path in the culinary arts. Our programs are designed to reach individuals with an underlying passion for cooking and a clear motivation to grow personally and professionally– we focus on cultivating the mindset and skills that will help our students grow their careers. In addition to learning a range of key culinary skills, graduates earn nationally recognized industry certificates. We also offer skill-building workshops and cooking classes.
Learn more: Training programs
- Helping to create a workplace and classroom culture that centers the CCAB values of Unity, Communication, Adaptability, Accountability, Innovation, and Integrity
- Teaching and working closely with other culinary instructors and staff to coordinate training programs, contribute to curriculum development, and ensure a cohesive and consistent learning experience for all students.
- Oversee course logistics, which includes procuring ingredients, maintaining equipment, managing inventory, and communicating with employer partners to explore career opportunities for students.
- Planning and coordinating culinary events, workshops, and guest lectures to introduce students to a variety of cuisines, cooking styles, and industry professionals, broadening their culinary knowledge and exposure.
- Ability to both cook and teach simultaneously, conducting hands-on cooking demonstrations where you guide and assist students in preparing various dishes, helping them refine their skills while providing constructive feedback.
- Guiding and mentoring students, offering career advice, sharing industry insights, and fostering a supportive learning environment that encourages creativity and professional growth.
- Assessing the progress of students through practical exams, projects, and written assignments, providing feedback and suggestions for improvement, and monitoring their overall development.
- Supervise and support training new instructors, including seasonal menu and recipe development, course logistics, ingredient purchases, and other related responsibilities.
- Maintain and build relationships with local employer partners, community partners, and other key stakeholders
- Ensure classroom and student compliance with health and safety rules and regulations
- Remain current with industry trends, certifications, and educational advancements in the culinary field, attend workshops and seminars, or pursue additional training to continuously enhance your own culinary expertise and teaching skills.
- 10+ years of culinary experience, including teaching and training experience
- Servsafe manager certification (or equivalent too)
- Relationship-oriented commitment to help “grow the business”
- Demonstrated time management and detail‐oriented skills.
- Ability to learn from students’ participation, to demonstrate fair and consistent behavior in all matters, and to show compassion without being ineffectual.
- Calm, level, and professional demeanor in all circumstances
- Stable personal transportation to allow travel throughout the local region
- Ability to use personal background and life experience to connect with others who have experienced adversity
- Enthusiasm for our mission
Role specifications and compensation:
- Full-time compensation is equivalent to 32 hours of in-class time and 8 hours of administrative work to support said programming
- Senior Culinary Instructor position is a salary position that is subjected to both state and federal tax withholding
- Senior instructor will report directly to the CEO