- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Total Time: 45 minutes
- Yield: 2-4 1x
- Category: apps
- Method: saute
- Cuisine: modern american
½ tsp Salt
2 tsp Light brown sugar
2 tbsp Balsamic vinegar
½ cup Blackberries
2–3 sprigs Thyme
¼ cup Water
2 tbsp Butter
1 lb Sweet potato
1 tbsp Water
Curried Sweet Potato
1 tbsp Yellow curry
2 tbsp Light brown sugar
1 pinch Salt
2 tbsp Olive oil
1 tsp Garlic (minced)
1 tbsp Ginger (minced)
2 tbsp Butter (melted)
2 tbsp Olive oil
2ea Garlic (minced)
1 ea Lemon (juice/ zest)
2–4 Chicken thigh or breast
tt (to taste) Salt
- To cook your sweet potato, you have the option of cooking using the microwave or the oven. see both techniques below
- Wash and peel sweet potatoes. Slice diagonally into ¼” thick medallions.
- Place potato slices in a single layer on a microwave-proof dish.
- Add water and cover tightly with plastic wrap—microwave on high for 5 minutes.
- Sweet potatoes should barely be fork tender. If not yet tender, microwave for an additional minute.
- Remove from the microwave. Carefully remove plastic wrap. Place potato slices on paper towels to dry.
- Preheat oven to 375
- Wash potato and place on a baking tray
- Place in the oven and allow to cook for 30-45 minutes or until tender
- Remove and check. Sweet potatoes should barely be fork tender.
- Using a medium-size pot add water, sugar, vinegar, and blackberries
- Bring mixture to a boil and allow to cook out for 5-8 minutes until the berries become slightly thick.
- remove from heat and reserve
- Using a saute pan, preheat on medium and add olive oil
- Season your chicken with salt and pepper
- Add the chicken skin side down to the pan
- Allow chicken to cook for 8-12 minutes or until skin becomes crispy
- Flip chicken over and add blackberry sauce to the pan with 1/4 cup stock.
- Place in the oven for 8-10 minutes to finish cooking.
- Remove from oven; at this point, the sauce should be reduced.
- using a spoon base the chicken with the sauce
- Remove and reserve
- Using a saute pan, preheat on medium heat add olive oil
- Add the sweet potatoes, allow them to caramelize on high heat for about 3-5 minutes.
- Add the curry powder, ginger, and garlic. Allow to cook out for 2-3 minutes.
- Add brown sugar and salt. Mix well
- Add the thyme and butter, allow the butter to slightly brown then reduce heat.
- Adjust seasoning with salt and pepper.
- using a saute pan, preheat on medium heat; add olive oil
- add the garlic, allow it to cook until golden brown
- turn off pan and add kale, mix well with garlic
- season with salt and pepper
- finish with lemon juice
Keywords: fresh, healthy, salad, entree