About Culinary Concepts AB: CCAB is a social enterprise that offers life-changing workforce training programs to people facing barriers to employment. This work is supported by our private and corporate cooking classes. We also work with clients to design custom programs for people of all ages and backgrounds. By creating a more inclusive training model and by teaching life skills in addition to occupational skills, Culinary Concepts AB opens opportunities for members of our community who are ready to create a rewarding career in the culinary arts. CCAB has been nationally recognized for our innovative business and workforce training models, and is expanding its operations.
Learn More: Culinary Concepts AB
About the job: We are seeking an enthusiastic and knowledgeable culinary instructor to lead Culinary training programs. CCAB’s award-winning, innovative training programs teach life and occupational skills to members of our community seeking a vocational path in the culinary arts. Our programs are designed to reach individuals with an underlying passion for cooking and a clear motivation to grow personally and professionally– we focus on cultivating the mindset and skills that will help our students grow their careers. In addition to learning a range of key culinary skills, graduates earn both ServSafe and Certified Cook certificates.
Learn more: Training programs
- Teach intensive culinary and life skills training courses at both onsite and occasionally offsite locations
- Create seasonal menus and recipes using CCAB’s systems
- Manage course logistics including ingredient purchasing, equipment maintenance, inventory management, and correspondence with employer partners for possible career pathway for students
- Event planning including a ‘graduation celebration’ at end of each course
- Connect with students and provide mentorship, support for self-reflection, and unconditional positive regard while maintaining appropriate professional boundaries
- Maintain and build relationships with local employer partners, community partners, and other key stakeholders
- Create and maintain documentation of student success, key metrics, credentials, etc.
- Ensure classroom and student compliance with health and safety rules and regulations
- Helping to create a workplace and classroom culture that centers the CCAB values of Unity, Communication, Adaptability, Accountability, Innovation, and Integrity.
- 5+ years of culinary experience including teaching and training experience
- Servsafe manager certification (or equivalent too)
- Relationship-oriented commitment to help “grow the business”
- Demonstrated time management and detail‐oriented skills.
- Ability to learn from students’ participation, to demonstrate fair and consistent behavior in all matters, and to show compassion without being ineffectual.
- Calm, level, and professional demeanor in all circumstances
- Drivers licenses and stable personal transportation to allow travel throughout the local Virginia region
- Ability to use personal background and life experience to connect with others who have experienced adversity
- Enthusiasm for our mission