About Culinary Concepts AB: CCAB is a social enterprise that offers life-changing workforce training programs to people facing barriers to employment. This work is supported by our private and corporate cooking classes. We also work with clients to design custom programs for people of all ages and backgrounds. By creating a more inclusive training model and by teaching life skills in addition to occupational skills, Culinary Concepts AB opens opportunities for members of our community who are ready to create a rewarding career in the culinary arts. CCAB has been nationally recognized for our innovative business and workforce training models, and is expanding its operations.
Learn More: Culinary Concepts AB
About the job: We are seeking an enthusiastic and knowledgeable junior culinary instructor to assist with our culinary programs. CCAB’s award-winning, innovative cooking classes, workshops and training programs teach life and occupational skills to members of our community seeking a vocational path in the culinary arts. Our programs are designed to reach individuals with an underlying passion for cooking and a clear motivation to grow personally and professionally– we focus on cultivating the mindset and skills that will help our students grow their careers. Through this opportunity, we offer graduates a chance to continue their education while teaching others along the way.
Learn more: Training programs
- Assist lead instructor with intensive culinary and life skills training courses at both onsite and occasionally offsite locations
- Lead cooking classes for both kids and adults classes
- Assist in creating seasonal menus and recipes using CCAB’s systems
- Assist in managing course logistics including ingredient purchasing, equipment maintenance, and inventory management
- Assist in the classroom and student compliance with health and safety rules and regulations
- Helping to create a workplace and classroom culture that centers the CCAB values of Unity, Communication, Adaptability, Accountability, Innovation, and Integrity.
- 1+ years of culinary
- Graduate of CCAB’s training program
- Servsafe certification (or equivalent too)
- Relationship-oriented commitment to help “grow the business”
- Demonstrated time management and detail‐oriented skills
- Ability to learn from students’ participation, to demonstrate fair and consistent behavior in all matters, and to show compassion without being ineffectual.
- Calm, level, and professional demeanor in all circumstances
- Drivers licenses and stable personal transportation to allow travel throughout the local Virginia region
- Ability to use personal background and life experience to connect with others who have experienced adversity
- Enthusiasm for our mission
How to apply:
To apply for this role, please email a resume, cover letter, and two references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please put “Culinary instructor application” in the subject line.